How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 55449
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an LLC and a Inc registered in Georgia. The LLC is AJ

Customer Question

I have an LLC and a Inc registered in Georgia. The LLC is AJ Singer Studios LLC. The Inc is Ability SEO Inc. I am now in Maryland. I am thinking of changing the name I do business under to My Knock Marketing. Should I do a DBA?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You can handled this one of two ways. You can actually change the name of your business by filing an amendment with the Secretary of State. Or, you can simply file an Assumed/Fictitious Name Certificate for your existing LLC to do business under the new name. Either way accomplishes the same result for you. :)