How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a corporation gives me a power of attorney to act in all

Customer Question

If a corporation gives me a power of attorney to act in all ways for them, can I evict in NC as an individual and not as a corporation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

A "power of attorney" only permits you to sign as the corporation's agent or representative, it does not give you the ability to represent the entity in court (only a licensed attorney can do that).

If the corporation assigns its property interests to you (transfers an ownership interest in the real property that is being leased), you could then prosecute the eviction of your land, but you cannot evict someone off of land belonging to somebody else (one of the elements that a plaintiff must show in an eviction action is an ownership interest in the subject property - not merely an assignment of right).