How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an S corporation that i need to do something similar

This answer was rated:

I have an S corporation that i need to do something similar to the operating agreement we do for the LLC , what is it that we need to prepare for the S corp .

For a corporation you will draft Articles of Incorporation (the document that creates the corporation), and By-Laws (the document that instructs the Board of Directors on how to run the corporation - specific rights that the shareholders have on meeting procedure, notice, etc.).

You can find sample documents online, purchase them at an office supply store, or (best option) go to a business law attorney who will draft you a set of documents that are specific to your new corporation and help address issues that are particular to your corp. as opposed to simply regurgitating your state's corporate code (as what you will find in the less costly options - they may cost less up front but they are less well equipped to handle problems in the future).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But were do i specify that they are an s corp , in the by laws it talks about meeting and other situation that do not apply to S corp how could i handle that

The difference between an S-Corp and a C-Corp is in tax reporting - not in corporate structure. You still need to adhere to corporate meetings, etc. even if you are an S-Corp. (This is driven by your state's corporate code - which state are you in?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are in the state of florida

CalAttorney2 and 7 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions