How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What documents do I need to ensure a 50-50 partnership in an

Customer Question

What documents do I need to ensure a 50-50 partnership in an S Corp in California?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you clarify something for me? Is this an LLC which has made an S Election. Or is this entity formed as a corporation which made an S Election? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
It was originally an LLC but changed to S Corp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send you the operating agreement?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Ownership is referenced and provided in the Operating Agreement itself. The Operating Agreement is a contractual agreement between the owners and should specifically set forth that the ownership interests of each member is 50%. Does your agreement provide for this? Thanks.

Related Business Law Questions