Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I owe taxes to Irs and federal but i am a member of an

Customer Question
LLc.50% with my girlfriend. LLc...
I owe taxes to Irs and federal but i am a member of an LLc.50% with my girlfriend. LLc owns a home that produces income cash flow.Can they go against the property??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business Law
12/5/2015
Business Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you enter into a repayment plan with IRS to repay any delinquent taxes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not yet.The just knock on my door last week and set up a sit down with one of their agent

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you make any statements to the IRS agents?

Did you consult and retain an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you think ?

Thank you for your follow up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have not retained any attorney. So i think you are not able to help right?

Thank you for your follow up.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

Generally, if a person has delinquent tax obligations with IRS, not only the IRS can seize such person's interest in any LLC or assets that LLC owns, but also in some cases, depending on the facts surrounding tax delinquency, federal felony tax evasion / tax fraud charges can be filed against the person, so it is never a good idea to communicate with IRS agents about any tax issue, without hiring a local tax attorney first and having the local tax attorney present during any questioning.

You can find an experienced and skilled local tax law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com

www.martindale.com

www.lawyers.com

www.legalmatch.com

When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real tax law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.

I wish you the best of luck!

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney