Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

CA corporation, doing business in GA, dissolved in CA prior

Customer Question
to establishing the corporation as...
CA corporation, doing business in GA, dissolved in CA prior to establishing the corporation as a GA corporation. What do we do now? Can we register the corporation as a GA entity? do we need to reinstate CA?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
11/13/2015
Business Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If a business is operating in several states, the business entity must register as a foreign corporation in each state it does business. For instance, CA requires business to register as foreign corporation by filling out this form: http://bpd.cdn.sos.ca.gov/corp/pdf/foreign/s&dc-sn.pdf

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your time. Thank you.

I may not have been clear enough. The entity was dissolved in CA. How do we reinstate the entity as a GA entity?
It was already registered in GA.

If you incorporated the entity in G, it is registered in GA already.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney