How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to figure out how to domesticate a California

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out how to domesticate a California small claims judgment to Nevada. I would like to keep it in the Nevada small claims jurisdiction but am only finding information regarding Civil court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

NV small claims court is a court of limited jurisdiction. They do not have jurisdiction to domesticate foreign judgments. You have to file a petition to domesticate foreign judgment in the civil court and attach a true copy of the CA court judgment and ask the civil court to domesticate. The small claims court in NV does not have the legal power to grant this, only the civil court does.