How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 19632
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a company based in Colorado that entered into an

Customer Question

We are a company based in Colorado that entered into an agreement with a business/individual in Arizona. In brief, we agreed upon a deal that involved around $1500 on our end and one of the products we manufacture in exchange for roughly 12 items he manufactures.
Turn around time on his end was promised at one month time before beginning then two weeks maximum following that. The deal was negotiated via e-mail. We promptly paid and shipped him out our product he requested. Fast forward 8 months later after talking
to him every few weeks he says that he has just forgotten about our order completely. It'd be 6 weeks to complete if we wanted it, if he could finish it. I tell him that wasn't the agreement and that we need a refund and our item returned. By this point he
began devaluing his products due to him opening retail sales and made wholesalers like us useless. Almost 9 months in, he has blocked us from all forms of communication. He has told others he does not intend to finish our order and does not care about refunding
us or returning our item. We would now like to take him to small claims court but don't know the best route. He lives in Glendale, AZ we are in Denver, CO. I would not be able to serve him here in Colorado, and I have no problem flying to Arizona for court
if need be. What state would we be able to sue him the quickest in? Thank you in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have to file the Small Claim in Arizona, where he lives.

Click on the link below for Arizona Small Claims information including how to file

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives in Glendale AZ, which is Maricopa County, where under Maricopa would be the best place to file?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

The link below is for Maricopa County Justice Courts:

When you get to the site, you need to click "Find Your Justice Court" on the left hand side. Then on the screen that appears after the click, type in the person's name and address to find out which Court to file the case in.

When you find the Court, then you can complete your Small Claim form here: