Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I'm not an MD. Please tell me the steps to starting a

Customer Question

I'm not an MD. Please tell me the steps to starting a medical care facility. I can partner with an MD, but I need to know how to do it legally....
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you. I do appreciate you requesting me although my answer will likely not be as you hoped.

A doctor and a non-doctor can partner up for any business that is not medical in nature. If you wish to open a bookstore together, that is fine. But opening a medical care facility of any kind requires an MD. If you do not have one, you cannot be a partner because attempting to do so would be illegal, and your medical partners if any can lose their medical license over such an opening. Likewise the facility can be sued and shut down, and fined, both as a facility and as individuals. I am truly sorry but in this instance the answer is very very direct.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.