Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My question is in regards to payroll and EDD My company's

Customer Question
Hello, my question is in...
Hello, my question is in regards ***** ***** and EDD
My company's FEIN has been moved to Nevada. I have one employee who I need to pay
This is a new company and so i need to know if i need to go to the EDD and get a califonia employer account number? I just found out about the move to Nevada from Califonia
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
10/21/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are going to be employing an employee in CA, you need to register your foreign b business entity doing business in CA with EDD and the secretary of state and will have to make sure you pay your taxes to the franchise tax board and maintain your unemployment and workers compensation payments for that employee in CA, not NV, since that is where they are performing their work and services.

when applying for my EDD number in Califonia do I rovide my FEIN from Nevada?

Thank you for your reply.

You do use your same EIN number in CA. You need to register your company in CA with the secretary of state as a foreign business entity doing business in CA.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney