How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 19496
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to open a convenience store selling cigarettes

Customer Question

i am trying to open a convenience store selling cigarettes lotto alcohol etc, my landlord has an extension on the building he has no permit for. i think i need to submit a building permit although i am doing no alterations to the property. this illegal extension on the building is preventing me from submitting this application. my question is do i need to submit these building permits, i have my tobacco license already. i am located in the town of hempstead ny
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you "need to submit a building permit" to ensure that you are operating legally.