How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDLaw Your Own Question
MDLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6133
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok so I am resending the question to you. The other issue I

Customer Question

Ok so I am resending the question to you. The other issue I am dealing with, in regard to merchant services I used for my business. I sold my business, as I mentioned previously, and closed my bank and merchant accounts, but the merchant is continuing to bill me lease fee for the credit card machine. Its $43/month and I believe the contract is for 2 years. The merchants account sales representative never mentioned to me that there is a contract for lease and that it still stands even if my business closed. What can I do about that issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I do not

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to answer without knowing what is in the agreement because when you have a written contract, it is the language of the contract that determines the rights and responsibilities of each party. You stated that you had an account sales rep and that you did not even know that there was a contract. What you need to do is send a letter via certified mail return receipt requested asking the company to provide you with a copy of the contract. You can also state in that letter that you were never told about the 2 year commitment and that you never signed anything either electronically or on paper agreeing to such commitment - assuming this is true.

Expert:  MDLaw replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if this has answered your question. If it has, please be so kind as to leave a positive rating so that I may receive credit for the time spent assisting you. Thank you in advance for allowing me to assist you.

Related Business Law Questions