Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Question related to State of Maryland Grants and Contract

Customer Question
Procurement Law: Is the Prime Contractor...
Question related to State of Maryland Grants and Contract Procurement Law:
Is the Prime Contractor of an Agency awarded Phase One contract required by Maryland Law to inform or disclose information to its Phase One subcontractors that additional Phase Two funding has become available and will extend and/or modify the originally awarded contract?
In other words, what are the legal rights of a subcontractor that is excluded from a Phase two funding opportunity that economically benefits the Prime Contractor at the expense of a subcontractor that performed and contributed to the success of Phase One of the originally awarded contract ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
9/23/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The MD contracting laws do not dictate who the prime contractor must use on their project. Just because the prime contractor uses a sub on one part of the government contract, the law does not mandate that they keep using the same subcontractors on all phases of the projects. In fact, the law is completely silent on this issue and says nothing, which means it is all based on terms of the actual contract itself.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney