How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 19281
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex employer has equipment that belongs to me and I want

Customer Question

My ex employer has equipment that belongs to me and I want to get it back, they bought the business from me and bought some of the equipment. The equipment I am trying to get back was not part of the sale. I live in Ruidoso New Mexico can you please assist
me with my options and the paper work needed to get it back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to make a demand for the return of the equipment. Click here for sample demand letters. If your demand is ignored, then you need to file lawsuit for return of the equipment. The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse in the County where the property is located. If you do not know how to navigate the Court system, you would need to retain a local Attorney who handles civil litigation to file the lawsuit for you.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: