How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116733
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks great response. Not sure if we can achieve a quorum

Customer Question

Thanks for your great response.
Not sure if we can achieve a quorum since the 2 other Board members have moved on..other than the Supt.
Our Bylaws stats that the Supt. is an ex-offcio member and has the power to appoint Board members. After attempting to call a meeting to gain quorum, without success, can the Supt. attempt to notify current Board with intention to appoint additional Board members, then, without objection or response, make appointments, notify state and then with a quorum or new Board, conduct business to modify Bylaws etc.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The Superintendent needs to remove and appoint the new board members first, then call a new meting. He needs to do that by sending a communication to all board members that he is exercising his authority to appoint and that as they have not been able to fulfill their duties and appear at a meeting for a quorum he is making new appointments. Once this is done, he makes his appointments, files the amended articles and holds a meeting and then they can revise bylaws and submit them.