Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Can I sell my cereal bar enriched with vitamin mineral and

Customer Question
Hi, can I sell my...
Hi, can I sell my cereal bar enriched with vitamin mineral and herbal mix, with mixing some cereal bar enriched with vitamin mineral and herbal mix already on the market? I want to sell it without talking about where does it come from, and name the product with a new name from my company.
Kind regards
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
This is not a question about Republic of Ireland Law but ABOUT BUSINESS in UNITED STATES.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
WHY CAN'T I HAVE HELP TO PUT THIS QUESTION IN THE RIGHT CATEGORY!!!
Please correct the mistake, and ask it to a business lawyer in the United States.
Regards
9/14/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you are manufacturing any food product, you can do so and sell it, but your place of manufacture has to comply with all local and state health codes and laws and your kitchen needs to be inspected by the health department. As far as your ingredients, you do not have to state the specific type of cereal, but you do have to list your ingredients on the labeling and if you are using existing products that does not require any approval from the FDA or USDA, you can use existing products to make a new product without any approval process. Herbs and minerals are pretty much unregulated as well. So, as long as you have the proper health permits and you are listing your ingredients on your label you can sell the product with a new name.

The cereal, as long as you list "corn cereal" or "wheat cereal" or "oat cereal" or whatever, that is sufficient, you do not have to mention any brand.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney