How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents owned several rental properties via a

Customer Question

My parents owned several rental properties via a C-corporation. My mom has passed. Can I set up LLC using my dad's name & the heirs of my mom. Estate not settled yet. Having to complete personal & C-corp taxes is taking up too much of my time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - you can set up the LLC as you're describing, but you will have to wait until the estate closes and her interest is transferred per the will in order to include that property interest in the new company.