Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a question on currency marginal fluctuation

Customer Question
difference. I have funds...
I have a question on currency marginal fluctuation difference. I have funds supposedly to invest to build condominiums in Malaysia that did not materialized. Now the funds are deposited in the bank. When I tried to do wire transfer from Malaysia bank to my US bank, they said that I have to pay the marginal fluctuation cost. Is this something legit in Malaysia Banks? What is the effect in my account? Do I have to pay this upront?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/9/2015
Business Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Ely, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no such thing as "marginal fluctuation costs. This is likely a SCAM. Malaysia has recently risen as one of the top spots for internet scams in the world - see HERE.

If this "company" claims to offer a once-in-a-lifetime offer, etc, and unbelievable money to be made, then it is likely a scam. If you can give me its name/website, I can likely verify that this is indeed a scam.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Ely, Attorney