Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I recently got a new job two days ago and I have a couple

Customer Question

Hello, I recently got a new job two days ago and I have a couple questions about how they do business to start off I was hired through my friend who works for the company and he had me starting working on the spot, no application or anything I'm turning
my app in tomorrow BTW. We industrial clean restaurants hoods which are basically the big fryer overhead the filters and we access them via roofs sometimes. Now they didn't give me any protective gear and we work with different strong chemicals I burned my
knees, my buttocks, my stomach and my arm they are mild Burns but they hurt bad and since I am on my knees and every job I might not work tomorrow because it hurts what are my opinions here because to be honest I don't want to work for the company but I also
believe that they are suppose to supply some type of protection they have expensive equipment but only gave me a green shirt.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here are pics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here's one more
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under OSHA rules and regulations (https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_id=9777) the employer may either provide you the equipment or require you to purchase your own protective equipment. That is up to the employer. They should not be allowing employees to work without protective equipment and you can file a complaint with your local OSHA office regarding those violations. Also, as an employee they are liable under workers compensation to you for any injuries you have suffered while working for the employer and they have to pay for any medical treatment needed.