Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Thank you. Interesting ... so that means that any employer I

Customer Question
work for in Pennsylvania because...
Thank you. Interesting ... so that means that any employer I work for in Pennsylvania because I take work home has the right to violate my privacy, illegally enter my home, go through my personal files and use whatever they find to bring me harm. That
is the interpretation I made of your advice. Wasn't Pennsylvania one of the key states that created the United States and wasn't Pennsylvania key in establishing the Bill of Rights and Constitution which defines us as a free nation that is based on democracy.
What part of the bill of rights are you referring to as this is the FIRST I have ever heard that any company can access my home files, entering my home without permission, that they can access my computer files (which have files from my clients) and how is
this different than having access to Booz Allen files when they are consulting for a company and that company thinks they have the right to access everyone elses files because Booz Allen has their files based on work they are performing for the client. Where
does the Line get drawn? I think you must have misunderstood the question. Also, sabotaging someone is setting them up for failure. That includes based on 25 years in HR the following: - Preventing someone from accessing information they need to perform their
job and deliberately lying about that access. (we don't have documentation on the system, following a meeting the next day 'we have ... who developed documentation on the system) - Shunning (like the Amish do) when one of the parties on the team is asking
questions via email and just ignoring them. - Lying about the position they accepted with confirmation of the role 2 weeks prior to moving 12 hours from my home to take the role after turning 2 others down to assume the role. The role was to lead an initiative
that the Chairman moved to his consulting firm (the one he turned over to his brother) but that happened before I arrived, and was known to have happened by the people who told me the job was the same as it was described to me earlier. When you sign a release
to pay 100% back on relocation and you are lied to and victimized as I have been and others have been in the company and you learn that the company has a bad reputation as an employer of choice but had no information on this until after, not before you arrived
understanding as you gain experience why it has earned that reputation, what options do you have when they are also tapping into your emails and communication from your home computer?????? What options in a government called the US Government and in the state
of Pennsylvania where great leaders forged something called a Constitution and Bill of Rights? Deena XXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
8/14/2015
Business Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Dear Customer,
I am not able to see an earlier question to which you appear to be referring.
However, I am not aware of any law that would permit your employer to enter into your home without a court order. While an employer arguably could appear in court and petition for a right to inspect for documents, I don't see a judge granting a search.
If you were accused of criminal conduct, the police can do a search following a search warrant, but this takes a judge's order as well. (Search warrants are not issued unless they are necessary, judges do exercise discretion in whether or not they issue them).
There is no basis for an employer to simply show up at your home and barge in.
I am sorry to learn about your employer relationship, if you have a bad employer, you do have a right to quit. If they lied to you about your employee benefits, you can sue them for breach of contract. If you think they are violating your state and/or federal employee rights, you can consider suing them for this and/or reporting them to state and federal labor agencies. (I generally recommend speaking with an employment law attorney (not a worker's compensation lawyer - the two are very different types of attorneys and do different types of work). Fortunately most employment law attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will accept cases on a contingency basis (so you pay nothing out of pocket and in exchange for advancing the costs of litigation and their legal services, they will receive a portion of your recovery (just make sure that you read the contract so that you understand what the deal is when you sign it)).
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney