How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118070
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2013 I worked months at a company. Parties split - one

Customer Question

in 2013 I worked for two months at a company. Parties split - one partner left due to his embezzlement, etc.,,,,in 2014 the partner who left filed suit against the other partner and included me in it - my question is,,,,they attempted service on me in may 2014 - but I was traveling - in August 2014 they amended their suit but have not attempted to serve me again nor have they filed anything with the court to publish,,,,,extend time to serve, etc.,,,,can they still serve me? The attorney sent me an email over a year ago, before he filed the amended complaint demanding I accept but I didn't respond to the email....advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If he has not properly served you and they have not done any service by publication or alternative service. If you have never been served or notice has not been published and it is beyond the time for service, which it now is being 1 year, you are either out of the case or entitled to a motion to dismiss if they try to keep you in the case now.