How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Business partner has had considerable drinking problem. Has

Customer Question

business partner has had considerable drinking problem. Has worked less than 30% for past 3 years. Business jeopardized and down 75%. Dissolving partnership. Partner has a lawyer who is claiming partner took less money - she did as she was working less. Attorney wants her to be paid 350,000.00 to even the amount she did not take. How is it that partner had documented drinking problem - and I am now being told I am a bully and owe her money? Should I get a lawyer? Sue for damages? Pain and suffering? I protected her from clients, took her home when she was drunk at work, did interventions with family members, ran the business in her absence and now I am being charged?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you can phoneXXX Partner's lawyer has sent very threatening letter today - claiming many things.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is letter received. Can explain much of this.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Please be aware that I do not speak via phone--I can communicate via Skype if you wish, but I can only do so if you agree that I will not act as your attorney off-site, and that our communicaton does not create an attorney/client relationship. Please advise.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can reply by writing that is fine.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.


That is a very substantial letter for review--that, by itself, is an additional service because unlike a few paragraphs, it is a 6 page document. I can help answer without review, but if you want me to fairly evaluate the letter, I would have to forward to you an additional service request first. Please advise.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok never mind. Cancelled membership. Thank you.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I have asked the moderators to close out. Please take care!