How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need urgently to engage a lawyer barred in New York to

Customer Question

Need urgently to engage a lawyer barred in New York to assist me with employment and FMLA application issues - discrimination, harassment, unpaid comp, labor law violations/compliance. I was denied FMLA military leave (26 weeks) as a caregiver for a veteran and granted the standard twelve weeks. Job suffered and was served reprimand letter following leave. I work and live in New York, am gay and HIV positive. Also have IBS. I believe my employer has not offered me all the options including sick days, paid overtime leave, paid leave, and advised me properly on the implications with respect to insurance, taxes, etc. Have not yet filed a compliant with the WHD/Dept Labor and need legal assistance to interpret the everchanging labor laws - ADA, FMLA, especially in light of the recent supreme court decisions. The lawyer should have deep knowledge of the labor law in NY, the FMLA, ADA and LGBT/HIV as well as military law issues ideally
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
We can provide information only and if you would like that, then we would be glad to do so.
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like.

Related Business Law Questions