Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. representing small business, real estate, probate
18215332

I received a copy of a letter today from an attorney to

Customer Question

I received a copy of a letter today from an attorney to Harris County Clerk that states:
Please prepare an Abstract of Judgment and Writ of Execution in above referenced matter
Credits in the amounts of $10,000 should be applied to the judgment.
We are paying the fee online to cover the cost associated with same. Please return the instruments to the undersigned in your usual manner. Thank you for your assistance in this regard..
What time frame do I have to answer this – or do I have that choice?
Will a Writ of Execution be in force immediately or do I have time to attempt to raise the funds?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.

The abstract of judgment is simply a certification of the judgment which may be filed in another county to establish a judgment lien on property there. There is nothing you can file to oppose issuance, so you don't Answer it. A writ of execution is up the the creditor's attorney to issue. You should contact the attorney with your offer to pay the judgment voluntarily so that executions and levys or attachments do not become necessary.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This letter is from the attorney... What time frame before the sheriff comes after my possessions? Do I have a couple days, a couple weeks?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please call me tomorrow after 8:00 am CST
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
I cannot contact you directly unless you accept the offer of additional services. That offer will follow this posting.