Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Counselor at Law.
7286322

WHAT IS AN APOSTLE FOEIGN POWER O ATTORNEY?

Customer Question

WHAT IS AN APOSTLE FOR A FOEIGN POWER O ATTORNEY?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.Can you please tell me a little more about the situation and what you are asking? Thanks. This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Power of attorney I executed for my associates in turkey to open a bank account.
They also require an apostle.
What is an apostle?
Scotty.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.An apostille is a certification granted by a government (on a state or federal level) that confirms that the document one is holding is official/true. See HERE.If you tell me where you are and where the document is from that you wish to have apostilled, I can tell you how to possibly get the apostille.I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.