Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

This is actually a Business Law question but don't see that

Customer Question
choice; A is a gigantic "Service"...
This is actually a Business Law question but don't see that choice;
A is a gigantic "Service" company ($5 billion annually) and they are buying up all the "Service" related companies they can, and in areas wherein they have NO previous experience. The company John worked for was such a company (A has almost no experience in the field) and was recently bought out by A (with a 5 year non-compete signed by the previous owners of the company A bought). A self aggaradizingly prides itself on it's and promotes itself as the premier, "Customer Service" company. However their customer service is anything but good. (lackadaisical and reactive seem more appropriate adjectives) John has been in his industry for 25 years and has developed an excellent working relationship and rapport with his customers. Now several of them have already gone to other vendors because they are very disappointed with the customer service provided by A; and have told John this specifically. Many of the customers John has spent years fostering a good rapport and working relationship with are leaving and more are just one more unanswered email or unreturned phone call away from leaving. (the owner of another company more recently purchased by A has filed a law suit against A because of how many of his customers complained about A's atrocious customer service and have decided to find another vendor) John has been offered a partnership with another company and wants to bring his (A's) customers over to his new company. What are the legal ramifications of John "taking" his old customers with him to his new company? Can A hit John's new company with a cease and desist order? Aren't all business free to choose who they use as a vendor to provide certain services? Does a giant multinational conglomerate ($5 billion annually and over 30,000 employees world wide) have the right to prohibit a small business from doing business ? If A does hit John's new company with a cease and desist order or files a law suit what are John (and his new partner's) available legal options?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/25/2015
Business Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..Did John actually sign any type of noncompete agreement with his company?..thanksBarrister
Infolawyer, Attorney