Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have started a consulting business, that as part of my

Customer Question
services, I have a vendor...
I have started a consulting business, that as part of my services, I have a vendor I am using to print and place strategic marketing materials. Before I do my first job using this vendor, I want to ensure a few things: 1. That he has an NDA with me because
I don't want him disclosing to my clients that I get a fee from him for using his services. 2. I need a "Non-Compete" or something that prevents him from going directly to my client to solicit business and cut me out. 3. I need a contract that covers the following:
a. I get 15% of the fee charged to the client that I am working with. b. I get 15% of gross revenue for any client that I introduce him to whether I am managing that client or not (like a finders fee) Can you help me by taking a boiler-plate contract and tweaking
it to cover these points? I know that they are frequently 3 separate documents, but can also be one. I can provide you with the name of the company and their address as well as my company name. I want to ensure that I make 15% on all transactions that they
enjoy because of either an introduction to any company that I have connections to or ones I directly work with and manage without fear that they will go around me to solicit business or to even talk to the client (in the case of the ones I manage myself).
Additionally, what's the normal period for the 15%? In the case of the clients I manage that's indefinite, but for ones I introduce them to, what is it, 3 years, 5 years? Please take some time and give me the contract covering these specific points. I'd rather
wait till the end of Monday even to get it right, huge thanks. Or guide me precisely to the document that I need to tweak myself for all three or four purposes. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Guys
What's going on? It's Monday, 4 days after I asked the question, and while I said Monday was fine, I was expecting at least a "we're working on your question" note. I hope it's because you're doing a detailed job!
thanks
Answered in 3 days by:
7/27/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We can look at what you have done and we can review it to make sure it will work for what you state your needs are. We cannot, by state law, write the agreements for you. If you want to put your agreements together from what you have already and would like us to review them, but if you would like documents actually written for you, then you have to go to a local attorney.
never mind. This site has really changed, not for the better I might add. If you had read my question, you would have noted that I have not done anything but was looking for you to point me in the direction of the proper document, whether on Nolo or Zoom. In fact, your answer looks like a form letter answer because it in no way touches what I wrote.
Thank you for your reply.
As an experienced user of this site, you should know that the site works by back and forth professional and polite communications between the customer and expert and that is how we put together information to directly answer the customer's needs fully.
I did not supply you with an answer, it was merely a request for more information and you were not charged for it. However, if that is the way you feel, you are indeed free to go to a local attorney for their services. I am sorry that you do not wish to communicate back and forth with us as the site is designed. Best wishes.
Infolawyer, Attorney