MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

Does the National Do Not Call list, and the state do Not

Customer Question

Does the National Do Not Call list, and the state do Not Call Lists, apply to Business to Business calling for commercial usage? I understand you can't cold call consumers you've never dealt with if they're on the DNC list. I sell only to doctors, professionally,
business to business. Do I have to check the DNC list first before I call them? Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you. Both the Colorado Do Not Call list and the Federal FTC do not call list apply only to consumers and only to residential or personal phone numbers. Business phone numbers are not eligible to be put on the Do Not Call list and so if you are calling a business phone number, you do not need to check the list.Please let me know if this has answered your question.
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
If you have any additional questions, do let me know. Thank you for allowing me to assist you and thank you in advance for your positive rating which allows me to keep helping others like you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you- we might call all over the country. Do the other state laws all work the same way? Also, we get our numbers from published lists of doctors' phone numbers. If a doctor publishes his home/residential phone number on a public list like a website, and it's on the do not call list, are we liable?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Most state laws do work that way but the only way to know is to research all 50 states and that would obviously be quite time consuming and costly. Yes, if a residential number is ***** a do not call list and you call it, you would be in violation.