Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Obviously, the first step is to put in a motion to rescind (NYC/NYS) the Confession(s) of

Customer Question

Obviously, the first step is to put in a motion to rescind (NYC/NYS) the Confession(s) of Judgement. Both my significant other and I provided Confessions of Judgement to them approx 2 weeks ago, with the deadline for payment being close of business tomorrow, July 23rd, give or take. However, on a few levels, I believe there may also be an opportunity to have the entire claim dismissed, or at the least, intensively challenged if it ever made it to a court. (I do know a bit about collections law; I run a small software business that originates consumer loans at retail point-of-sale.) However, I'd like to conclude this matter as soon as possible, but I don't realistically expect to have significant funds available to do this for at least a week, give or take.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. What is your specific question about this for us? It is quite difficult to rescind the confession of judgment once you signed it, like any other binding contract, so you need some ground like it was induced by fraud or some type of illegal coercion.