How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife sold her tai massage business in San Rafael ca last

Customer Question

My wife sold her tai massage business in San Rafael ca last year and agreed to stay on the lease so buyer with no credit history could continue month to month rental. The city inspector claims he saw the new owner expose her genitals to a client and found an unopened condom in her coat pocket in a locked closet in the facility and fined her $1500.
In past inspections everything was photographed and fines of $250 for the a washing machine not set at hot were routine. However he has no photos of the newdity incident. The new owner has vehemently protested and has Vedio survalence showing the inspector inside the facility and there are no customers.
My wife met with inspector and showed him the video. He got very agitated and threatened to shut the business. A few days later the owner terminated the contract saying my wife had requested it in writing. She did not!
I think we are the victims of a corrupt city inspector and don't know if we should contact the Marin county district attorney, the FBI or a private attorney to sue.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You need to hire your own civil litigation attorney. (You cannot trust the Marin County folks to police themselves on this, while the DA's office should be doing this job, if you want to avoid a shut down, and a fine you will want your own attorney to do this for you).(This is not a federal law enforcement matter - the FBI does not handle issues like this).You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Related Business Law Questions