How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a check made out to me from a car company but don't

Customer Question

I have a check made out to me from a car company but don't have no identification can I sign it over to someone else?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Generally speaking you cannot modify or amend the check that you received. Since the funds are slated to go to you, only you can sign the check. If this is signed over to someone else the car company may elect to dispute the check, so if you wish to sign it over, contact the issuer of the check and ensure that they have no issue with 'assignment'. If they do not, you'd be free to assign it to whomever you wish.Sincerely, ***** *****