How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 61 and on social security disability past 2

Customer Question

i am 61 and on social security disability for the past 2 year exceptn for a few hundred dollars in interest that is my total income, I have not filed taxes for the last two years. This year I am going to sell my house and will make about 50 thousand on
it I have lived there for the lasr five years, Can I still not file taxes or should I file this year
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Before selling your home, please speak with a disability/social security attorney.The income from this sale has the potential to affect your eligibility for social security disability benefits, at least temporarily.You will need to file taxes following the sale of your home.