How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know if there is a way to 'sell' constructi

Customer Question

I need to know if there is a way for me to 'sell' construction loan leeds generated over the internet to banks through a marketing agreement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
Can you please tell me a little more about what you would be selling, and are you asking whether doing so or not is legal, you mean?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ely, my company, generates construction loan leeds over the internet. I take those leeds, interview the potential clients and then work with them to acquire construction financing. Most of my business is owner occupied residential construction. If I am doing a straight construction loan or id the loan is for a non owner occupied home or a commercial use I have a number of lenders who will pay me a commission . If on the other hand I am proposing a construction to perm loan for them, the lenders cannot or will not pay me a commission due to Dodd/Frank and/or RESPA. I have been told there is a way to sell my leeds to various banks through a 'marketing ' agreement of smoking that will not violate these regulations. How do I go about doing that?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but I cannot be sure. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...