Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My company was sued an investment money .it will

Customer Question
My company was sued for...
My company was sued for loosing an investment money .it will get a judgment and they are trying to get me personally too.
Can they sue me too because I am the CEO ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/28/2015
Business Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. It is quite possible that you may be liable if you are the CEO, especially if you own the substantial percentage of the company, and the decision that led to the loss was purely or directly attributed to you. Since you as the CEO are the 'officer' of the company, you do share personal liability for the decisions made on behalf of this entity. I am sorry! Sincerely, ***** *****
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney