Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I got this threatening email from the VP of large

Customer Question
Hello, I got this threatening email...
I got this threatening email from the VP of large corporation:
"Breaking the law" he refers is fictional and ****we've never received any legal action from that company. ***** I thought the maximum he could do is to send a cease and desist letter, because I did what we did in correspondence with a lawyer and made sure we're in line with the law. But even that, we've never received.
My question is, if I send an email to a member of his executive team, could they construe it as harrassment? In fact, I am planning to send an email starting with a clarification to this issue.
Thank you,
The email:
Emre,
You will be hearing from our legal team. We do not take breaking the law and unethical practice lightly. Do not communicate with myself, our executive team or any of our employees at [company] again. I strongly advise you both to remove any other beacons that are on [company] properties whether placed by you or others.
[company] will not engage with [my company] or either of you now or in the future, whether in this business or another.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/28/2015
Business Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can help you. I am a bit confused. Sending an email to demand an action would not be considered harassment. Harassment would be multiple times. But it is hard to decipher all the facts of what is happening. Maybe you can describe what is happening a bit more. Also, usually the process is sending a demand letter or a cease and desist letter to stop something; and if the other party does not comply, then a lawsuit would be the next step if it cannot be settled.
Hi Damien,
Okay this is good answer. Thanks,
You are welcome!
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney