How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

From the time given the judgement, what time frame does one

Customer Question

From the time given the judgement, what time frame does one have to respond in order for the judgement not to appear on record? Does the response need to be written or will a phone call suffice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Let me see if I can help you. Did you receive a Judgment against you? If so, is your plan to make a motion to vacate the judgment? That is the usual process. A judgment is usually entered upon its rendering. Possibly you can give more information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the judgement was against me. How would I go about vacating the judgement?
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
If you received a judgment against you, it is almost 90% sure that the judgment would have already been entered in the record. If I were representing you, I would call the court clerk to confirm one way or another. You would usually get notice of entry of the judgement. At that time you could may a motion to vacate the judgment depending on the procedure in the particular state. If it was not entered yet, there really is nothing you could do unless there was some way to conference with the judge or make a motion to re-argue or renew. It would be very unlikely.