Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

From the time given the judgement, what time frame does one…

Customer Question
From the time given the...
From the time given the judgement, what time frame does one have to respond in order for the judgement not to appear on record? Does the response need to be written or will a phone call suffice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2015
Business Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can help you. Did you receive a Judgment against you? If so, is your plan to make a motion to vacate the judgment? That is the usual process. A judgment is usually entered upon its rendering. Possibly you can give more information.
Yes, the judgement was against me. How would I go about vacating the judgement?
If you received a judgment against you, it is almost 90% sure that the judgment would have already been entered in the record. If I were representing you, I would call the court clerk to confirm one way or another. You would usually get notice of entry of the judgement. At that time you could may a motion to vacate the judgment depending on the procedure in the particular state. If it was not entered yet, there really is nothing you could do unless there was some way to conference with the judge or make a motion to re-argue or renew. It would be very unlikely.
Infolawyer, Attorney