Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I want to create a website, that will be an online Xbox Video…

Customer Question
I want to create a...
I want to create a website, that will be an online Xbox Video gaming tournament website. The site players will pay an entry fee into the tournament which will build a pool that will be given to the winner of the tournament.
How can I legally create a site like this? What is involved? An example of a site that already does this is: Gamebattles.com
I am based out of New York.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/26/2015
Business Lawyer: Ely, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Ely, Attorney
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
First of all, do you already have permission from Xbox to use their logo, etc?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.