Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

The insured's name is LLC #1 In an professional liability…

Customer Question
The insured's name is LLC...
The insured's name is LLC #1
In an professional liability insurance policy there is an entity exclusion endorsement that states: exclusion of the business operations of; or any services performed by or on behalf of, the following listed entity: Corporation #1
Question: Can Corporation #1 sub contract work to LLC #1 and will LLC#1 not be excluded from coverage?
To consider in answering the question is there a distinct legal difference between sub contracting and on behalf of?
Thank you, JP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/25/2015
Business Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
On behalf of would fall into sub contracting fork with Corporation #1 and it would be hard to argue that the intent behind the contract was not to avoid such a scenario of Corporation #1 sub-contracting work to LLC#1. The terms seem clear and the reasonable interpretation of contract terms is the law. However, you could take a risk and see what happens but the insurance company would definitely not cover the claim under the suggested scenario and you would have to bring a breach of contract claim to gain insurance coverage for such a scenario. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.