How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad has green card in united states and would like to run

Customer Question

my dad has green card in united states and would like to run IT consulting company and as he stays with me, he wants to use as a starting point my home address as business address.I am currently on h1b.Will this be any issue for me legally?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
To answer directly, this is not going to be an issue for you unless he lists you as a member and officer of the business. A business can be run out of the home by a roommate (unless zoning bars otherwise), and as that is solely your father's business entity and is unrelated to you, it does not affect you or your own H1B eligibility in any way.
Dimitry, Esq.