Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Can the members of a not organization (sports) force

Customer Question

Can the members of a not for profit organization (sports) force the board to hold a general election if the board is being unresponsive to the urgent needs of the sport.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 years ago.
You need to check the by laws of your organization and the certificate of incorporation to see what is required for a member to call a meeting of the members. Under Sec. 603 of thje Not for Corporation law 10 percent of the members who make a demand in writing can call a meeting of the members. If your bylaws do not provide a procedure for having a meeting of members. If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If my answer was particularly helpful you can pay a bonus.