How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on FMLA disorder. My doctors have told me to

Customer Question

I am on FMLA for panic disorder. My doctors have told me to socialize with others as part of my treatment. However, when I hosted a small gathering that included a few people from the workplace, about three, but invited about five, HR told me to stop socializing/having
"parties" if you are really disabled. I look at this as an unqualified person essentially giving medical advice that is contrary to my doctors. Should I peruse litigation against my company associated with the ADA act. If I had a broken leg and had people
over to cheer me up I wouldn't expect a response like I got from hr. Essentially saying do not speak with people from work during leave. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.
Have you been terminated or had your hours reduced?
Expert:  MDLaw replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need assistance?