Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am on FMLA disorder. My doctors have told me to

Customer Question
I am on FMLA for...
I am on FMLA for panic disorder. My doctors have told me to socialize with others as part of my treatment. However, when I hosted a small gathering that included a few people from the workplace, about three, but invited about five, HR told me to stop socializing/having
"parties" if you are really disabled. I look at this as an unqualified person essentially giving medical advice that is contrary to my doctors. Should I peruse litigation against my company associated with the ADA act. If I had a broken leg and had people
over to cheer me up I wouldn't expect a response like I got from hr. Essentially saying do not speak with people from work during leave. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/17/2015
Business Lawyer: MDLaw, Attorney replied 3 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Hello and thank you for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you.
Have you been terminated or had your hours reduced?
Do you still need assistance?