Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Regarding tax form K-1 1120s, my corporation pays me a few…

Customer Question
regarding tax form K-1 1120s...
regarding tax form K-1 1120s, my corporation pays me a few thousand dollars per year. How do I report this, and how much of straight income is taxable?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/13/2015
Business Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 3 years ago
socrateaser, Attorney
Hello, What are the payments for? Also, is this a C or S corporation?
payments were written out to me for 'cash' .
S corporation - very small, I am 100% stockholder and president, no employees.
Okay, so if you had any profits during the year, then the payments are distributions of those profits, which are reported on Form 1120S, Schedule K, Line 17c, and a K-1 information form would be issued to you showing the income, which you would then report on your Form 1040, Line 17. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!