Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My corporation will be creating an online course library and deployment compan

Customer Question
my corporation will be creating...
my corporation will be creating an online course library and deployment for another company. we will bear all expenses up front. In return, we will receive 50 percent of revenues till we recuperate costs and after that 20 percent of revenues. what type of agreement do we need? My company is in Florida and the other company is in California. We will have similar deals in other States in the future.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/13/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can have a joint venture, or you can have a contractor agreement or you can actually create a new LLC in each state with your corporation as a member and the other company as another member of the LLC.
I would think that the LLC formation and having a membership agreement that spells out the terms of the deal for each deal you enter would be the simplest way of doing this business as then each state would have their own separate LLC and would insulate your company and the other company from liability.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney