Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Can a President of a Corporation issue a Mandatary (Power…

Customer Question
Can a President of a...
Can a President of a Corporation issue a Mandatary (Power of Attorney) to an individual to act for him/her in his capacity as president of a corporation
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/11/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Louisiana law, unless the corporation bylaws say otherwise, an officer may act for the corporation through a mandatary or PoA. There is no prohibition in the code for an officer using an agent to represent them or act for them in their duties, it is all left to the bylaws of the corporation as to whether they want to disallow that type of representation.