How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I trade stocks and futures via an llc. I have friends that

Customer Question

I trade stocks and futures via an llc. I have friends that want to copy my trades which I'm ok with. How can I legally get a percentage from there earnings? For example if the 3 of us invest in crude oil and we all make 100 is it legal to have a contract where they pay me 25% of there profit
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You would need to get a stockbroker's license to perform this kind of transaction, which would also require you to work with a brokerage firm.Short of that you can charge your friends a fee and hope you don't get caught - but you are running a risk of civil, administrative, and criminal prosecution (the SEC regulates this so this falls under federal enforcement).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about a trade copier service I see them everywhere for futures and forex do I need a license for that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You can engage in these services, but you are doing so at a risk. If you wish to engage in this type of service - I would highly recommend retaining counsel to advise you as to your risks first (the liability is very high).
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it illegal or just unethical
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Illegal - see:

Related Business Law Questions