Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a small travel agency in USA. Can I sue (

Customer Question
for commissions due) if the...
I have a small travel agency in USA. Can I sue ( for commissions due) if the company is located in Canada?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business Law
5/30/2015
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sue them, but you would have to sue them in Canada where they are located, as the US courts do not have any personal jurisdiction over them, so if you sue in the US nothing will happen. You have to go to Canada to file suit against them, which depending on how much they owe you may not be economical for you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney