Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I own a yoga apparel company. Last season, we switched to…

Customer Question
I own a yoga apparel...
I own a yoga apparel company. Last season, we switched to a new cut & sew factory.
Long story short, they didn't trim the sewing threads and now they are taking entire production back to clean up their thread trims.
We use a 3rd party warehouse. Shipping & warehouse fees on all the returned order really adds up. Our warehouse also had to count inventory and pack up everything for them to pick up. I also need to stop "selling" for weeks during this repair time.
What are the options? The damage is around $5000 unless I sue for brand reputation damage. I really don't want to create more work and make things worse than it is.
What are my options?
thank you
Ada
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
5/23/2015
Business Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
As you said breach of contract seeking damages of around k. However if you sue the company may just completely not finish any work. Also, the costs of suit assuming you hire an attorney would cost even more than the damages being sought to win and procure a judgment against the sewing machine factory, Suing is an option but the benefits of that option would likely outright the costs.
Alternatively, deduct the k from the amount you plan to pay the vendor and consider it to be an even trade.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney