How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2563
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our small company is being accused of breach of contract.We

Customer Question

Our small company is being accused of breach of contract.
We have sold goods (around $15,000 worth) to another company (whom is a middle man) and unfortunately a small part of the cargo arrived damaged.
We had offered the client to resend the porportional part of the order at our cost or refund for that part (according to our return policy published on our website)
Client is insisting on cancelling the entire order which we reject for the following reasons:
1. as this is a custom order (with client logo and name printed on it), it's not our practice.
2. Only a tiny part of the order was reported damaged - 500 out of 20000 units sold reported.
3. we have reason to believe that client wants to cancel the order as their final buyer made a wrong purchasing decision and they are trying to blame it on us.
I hope my information is clear, I have supporting documents, and communication with the plaintiff and our lawyer(freelance) parliminary replies.
We have been summoned to court of commom pleas and their attorney treats this case as a debt collection case - as they know this is not much money and is not really worth to defend.. What can we do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
Besides defending yourself and doing case law research on similar situations to support the position that you fulfilled the contract with replacement of some of the damaged goods, you can make a counterclaim for specific performance to make them fulfill there obligation. There is not more to say without doing case research to support your position bodies possible making a motion to dismiss. I do believe custom made delivery disputes are looked upon uniquely but it would require more research.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Damien

Thanks for the reply,

The reason I entered a request in is to get ideas and inside tips on how to find inexpensive attornies - as a matter of fact, I have an in-house lawyer, but he isn't licensed in the state of DE, and that is what I need at the moment,

Common sense would tell me to look for students, post graduates or semi-retired for good pricing which would just need to sign-off my in house lawyer letters...

So in summery - I want answer on how to find cheap licensed lawyer in DE.


Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom:
Finding a "cheap" Delaware business law attorney is not easy because in a way there is a lock on the market. You can attempt the Delaware Bar Association, which should be able to refer you to an attorney:(###) ###-#### Usually, solo practitioners are less expensive than the larger firms.
Best of luck,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How to find solo practitioner?

are there people who recently graduated and need working experience?

How do I get in touch with them ?

let me explain, I have in-house lawyer whom is familiar with this case, and work with me in good rates, I would need someone licensed in DE to review, format and file. That's it..

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 2 years ago.
You would call the number I gave you or search on the internet.

Related Business Law Questions