Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need help with writing letter to lawyer after I sold my beauty…

Customer Question
I need help with writing...
I need help with writing letter to lawyer after I sold my beauty salon business, the new owner hired lawyer to sue me due to inventories missing after the date of purchase. I have original handwritten inventories and the new owner added so much more to it. I sold it for 30k and they want over 20k. How can I defend myself. The lawyer listed all the items missing and want me to recover the money the missing items which never existed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Business Law
5/20/2015
Business Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
1. Whose handwriting is in the original inventory written in?
2. Is that dated and signed by both parties?
3. Is there any way to prove that he added things to the list after the sale?
my sister handwritten she's out of country. She also created all contract by hand written
no signed by any parties. but the new owner added stuff to the same paper and signed her name. Yes, the new owner added more than what was written on the side of same paper
I was suppose to work at the salon after even selling the salon, but they denied when after agreement was done like 20 days. told me onlywork on sunday. so I opened a shop not far away from the salon. nothing on contract though not to open or open w/in certain miles. Now she also has owner carry left which is 5 k. she wrote the 5 checks. suppose to start on May 1st, but wrote me from June 1st. I didn't say anything. now this problem happened. they want like over 20 k. and I sold the shop with all equipments and whatever listed on inventory... for 35k. got 30k and 5k is owner carry
original inventory doesn't include some of the stuff like tv and small stuff but they wanted them so I left them at the shop
the contract paper signed by me and new owner and witness by my sister. but inventory paper no signed just hand written and agreed upon them and jus made copies for all
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Write Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please see JA's disclaimer below. We are not permitted to write a letter for you or give you specific legal advice for your case. You would need to see a local lawyer for that. If you want me to assist you with information on how to handle this situation on your own, please let me know.
I will be signing off for the evening, but can assist you further tomorrow.