How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is regarding my S Corporation. I needed to have

Customer Question

My question is regarding my S Corporation. I needed to have filed an internal resolution which was not done at the time of incorporation. Is there a legal way to amend our corporate documents to include this internal resolution? I incorporated in April
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?
Also, what State did you incorporate in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Certainly. When I incorporated in April of 2008 as a Trading corporation I found out recently that at that time I would have needed to include an Internal Resolution to choose to have my 1256 contracts treated as ordinary income as opposed to the 60/40 split. I am now asking if I can have an amendment or a ratification to my corporate documents to include this Internal Resolution? Is that Legal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also we incorporated in Illinois
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
I am opting out at no cost to you as this appears to be beyond my scope of experience. Please do not respond back to this message so that the question remains unlocked for another expert to view and try to assist you. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Please clarify exactly what you wish to do? What exactly do you wish to amend, and, do the other parties that hold offices or shares in the corporation agree to the change?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ely, Thanks for getting back to me. I think our situation may be a little too complex for a chat session. I need to have legal advice. I also feel I need to sit down with a lawyer and fully explain our situation to so there will not be any communication breakdown. Thanks again and have a nice evening.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Okay. You can contact to close this question.

Related Business Law Questions